- n fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air
the furniture was covered with dust
- n the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
- n free microscopic particles of solid material
astronomers say that the empty space between planets actually contains measurable amounts of dust
- v remove the dust from
dust the cabinets
- v rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape
The artist dusted the charcoal drawing down to a faint image
- v cover with a light dusting of a substance
dust the bread with flour
- v distribute loosely
- Sydney grinds to a halt as its worst dust storm in 70 years blankets the city and turns the sky orange.
- Sydney grinds to a halt as the worst dust storm for 70 years blankets the city and turns the sky orange.
- Indeed, last year, comet-dust particles brought back by NASA's Stardust mission showed that the particles had been heated to high temperatures sometime in their lives, which .
News & Articles
- Wall of dust sweeps through Lubbock
A wall of dust swept through Lubbock Thursday evening, reducing visibility to near zero. Fortunately, the storms were not severe and the wind gusts were not as bad as expected.
June 21, 2013 - KCBD-TV Lubbock
- Dust Devils Rally Falls Short in Everett
Peter Tago trying to get it going on the mound for the Dust Devils, gives up just three hits, but four runs score with Tago pitching. Too many walks and errors cause the Dust Devils to lose, 4-3.
June 20, 2013 - KHQ Spokane
- Dust In The Wind… Black Hole Style
Over the years, researchers have taken myriad observations of black holes and their environs, but now ESO’s Very Large Telescope Interferometer is giving us the most detailed look of the dust around a black hole at the center of an active galaxy ever obtained. Originally expected to be contained within the ring-shaped torus around the [...]
June 20, 2013 - Universe Today
- Barack Obama in New York Times
Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America,Mr. Obama said.
- Barbara Flynn Currie in FOXNews
He's trying to throw up enough dust ...... to make people think the governor is guilty of nothing _ pure as the new driven snow,committee chairwoman Rep. Barbara Flynn Currie, D-Chicago, said afterward.