- n the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
- A collision between two satellites sparks new worries about the hazards of space debris.
- If anyone has a reason to be skittish about space debris, it's the people of Texas.
- A PTI cover story on What Went Wrong on the space shuttle Columbia -- The clues lie in the craft's last minutes and rain of debris.
News & Articles
- Cal Fire prohibits debris burning in some counties
TUOLUMNE, CALAVERAS COUNTIES - Cal Fire is suspending landscape debris burn permits for several foothills counties and rescinding "Dooryard" permits already issued.
June 12, 2013 - News10 Sacramento
- Gyre Project to Study Marine Debris Through Science and Art
An ambitious expedition to study ocean trash launched from Seward on June 7. The Gyre project is a collaboration between the Anchorage Museum and the Alaska SeaLife Center, among other organizations, to document the impact of marine debris along Alaska’s shoreline – and across the globe. Download Audio
June 12, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Storm debris cleanup continues in Hannibal
The city of Hannibal brought in Timberline Tree Services on Monday to start picking up the debris left on the curb, some logs as large as 20 feet long.
June 10, 2013 - WGEM Quincy
- Gen James E Cartwright in Prince George Citizen
By all accounts this was a successful mission,Gen. James Cartwright, vice-chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in the Pentagon statement Monday. "From the debris analysis, we have a high degree of confidence the satellite's fuel...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Unless we send the Navy down deep to blow up the well and cover the leak with piles and piles and piles of rock and debris, which may become necessary ...... unless we are going to do that, we are dependent on the technical expertise of these... Bill Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQgtnAfN-Gd8ODTfDdWrRjwwjDZg Reuters (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6611RF20100702&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFQoleqaMPEfrZdgiACNbTZY4x_tQ Jul 2, 2010
25294 34161 debris This policy recognizes that as our reliance on satellites and other space-based technologies increase, so too does our responsibility to address challenges such as debris and other hazards," Obama said in a statement.