- n a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- n a shoot arising from a plant's roots
- n a drinker who sucks (as at a nipple or through a straw)
- n flesh of any of numerous North American food fishes with toothless jaws
- n hard candy on a stick
- n an organ specialized for sucking nourishment or for adhering to objects by suction
- n mostly North American freshwater fishes with a thick-lipped mouth for feeding by suction; related to carps
- This sucker-punch of a twist set up two questions for the final run of the series starting in January: Where do they go from here? And where did we go?.
- Part of the trouble was due to the fact that the number of new suckers had not kept pace with the new gambling facilities.
- The former governor talked to PTI about his new book, Howard Dean's Prescription for Real Healthcare Reform, political wrangling over bills and why bipartisanship is for suckers.
News & Articles
- Man Arrested after Hitting Officers in the Face
SACRAMENTO— A young man sucker punched two officers in the face and tried to run, police say. The officers showed up along N Park Drive, off of Marconi Avenue, just after 9 p.m. after getting a report about a suspicious …
June 16, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Hundreds gather to mourn NDSU student who died in farm accident
MOTT, N.D. - With a sucker in his shirt pocket and a small stuffed cow nestled under his arm, Kristen Wehri said her final goodbyes to her son before his casket was closed Friday.
June 15, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- It's time to tame your tomatoes
Lopping an overgrown sucker off keeps the tomato plant neat and uncongested, a long-term benefit that makes this option best earlier in the season. A month from now, don't say I didn't warn you.
June 14, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Charles Grassley in USA Today
In this time of very, very high unemployment ...... and considering the help these banks are getting from the taxpayers, they're playing the American taxpayer for a sucker,Grassley said in a telephone interview with AP.
- Tommy Heinsohn in SI.com
They brought me down because they thought I was lucky. Now they know,Heinsohn said. "I paid off the leprechaun this morning and the sucker lied to me."
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
She chowed that sucker down,Obama said.