- n the act of catching an object with the hands
the infielder's snap and throw was a single motion
- n a spell of cold weather
a cold snap in the middle of May
- n tender green beans without strings that easily snap into sections
- n a crisp round cookie flavored with ginger
- n the noise produced by the rapid movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand
servants appeared at the snap of his fingers
- n a sudden sharp noise
he can hear the snap of a twig
- n a sudden breaking
- n the tendency of a body to return to its original shape after it has been stretched or compressed
the waistband had lost its snap
- n an informal photograph; usually made with a small hand-held camera
my snapshots haven't been developed yet
- n a fastener used on clothing; fastens with a snapping sound
children can manage snaps better than buttons
- n any undertaking that is easy to do
- n the act of snapping the fingers; movement of a finger from the tip to the base of the thumb on the same hand
he gave his fingers a snap
- n (American football) putting the ball in play by passing it (between the legs) to a back
the quarterback fumbled the snap
- v utter in an angry, sharp, or abrupt tone
The sales clerk snapped a reply at the angry customer
- v separate or cause to separate abruptly
The rope snapped
- v break suddenly and abruptly, as under tension
The pipe snapped
- v move or strike with a noise
his arm was snapped forward
- v close with a snapping motion
The lock snapped shut
- v make a sharp sound
his fingers snapped
- v move with a snapping sound
bullets snapped past us
- v to grasp hastily or eagerly
- v put in play with a snap
snap a football
- v cause to make a snapping sound
snap your fingers
- v lose control of one's emotions
When her baby died, she snapped
- v bring the jaws together
he snapped indignantly
- v record on photographic film
She snapped a picture of the President
- Everything that could leak, burn, snap or rupture did so with the regularity of the Anvil Chorus.
- Another very cool snap-on accessory is the AAA battery charger.
- Standing at the top of a West Berlin ski slide last week, Skier Heinz Mannstedt made a snap decision: instead of going all the way back down the hill to get proper straps for his .
News & Articles
- Be Our Guest: Stamp out hunger by keeping SNAP program
As Congress moves to pass a Farm Bill this session, a vital program is under attack. Current proposals would cut the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, a program that provides those living with food insecurity with the means to acquire healthy, sustaining meals.
June 16, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Snap Fitness has new owner, location
Snap Fitness, which has operated in Casa Grande since 2008, is celebrating its new location and new owners throughout June. New members get a free month’s membership with the purchase of a monthly membership.
June 15, 2013 - Casa Grande Dispatch
- SNAP challenge: Food for $31.50 a week
It's called the SNAP challenge. 22News shows us how the Health and Human Services boss is feeding his family for a week.
June 12, 2013 - WWLP Springfield
- Barack Obama in Chicago Sun-Times
And so I think it's unrealistic to expect that a US president alone can suddenly snap his fingers and bring about peace in this region,Obama said. "What a US president can do is apply sustained energy and focus on the issues of the...
- Sunil Gulati in Soccer365
I have known Bob for a very long time, I have a lot of faith in him and I think the world of him at a personal level,he said. "We will make the right decision for the sport; it won't be about the personal level. It's not going to be a snap...
- Tim Howard in Sportinglife.com
We have to put a lot of things right - we are under no illusions,said Howard. "We can't just snap our fingers and be out of it, but it's really important we now stand up and be counted. We want to have as many games as we can this season....