- n state of being torn or burst open
- n a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)
- n the act of making a sudden noisy break
- v separate or cause to separate abruptly
- Everything that could leak, burn, snap or rupture did so with the regularity of the Anvil Chorus.
- An incisional hernia such as the one from which President Johnson is now suffering is a rupture (Latin: hernia) or break in the muscular abdominal wallIn the President's case, the.
- Studies and experience show that most of the devices eventually rupture, and can cause infection, interfere with mammogram readings and trigger a painful shrinkage of scar tissue .
News & Articles
- Henderson residents south, west of 79, 64 notified to boil water
Due to a water main rupture with construction activity, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has required the city of Henderson water system to notify customers of the need to boil their water prior to consumption. Promote to Mobile read more
June 13, 2013 - KETK 56 Tyler
- Pipe break at Tennessee nuclear weapons plant kills fish
A waterline rupture at the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant resulted in a fish kill over the weekend, with the death toll estimated at about 8,500, a plant spokeswoman said Tuesday.
June 12, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Gas rupture forces Norfolk closures
Virginia Natural Gas has contained what officials called a significant natural gas rupture Monday morning.
June 10, 2013 - FOX 43 TV Hampton Roads
- Omar Vizquel in SI.com
This year we had the best chemistry on the team. I felt like the team was clicking,Vizquel said. "It's sad a stupid instance like this might rupture something that was going pretty good. I don't think the players will turn on each other....
- Pope Benedict XVI in Zenit News Agency
Benedict XVI stated in his letter to the bishops that accompanied the "motu proprio," "There is no contradiction between the two editions of the Roman Missal. In the history of the liturgy there is growth and progress, but no rupture. What earlier...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in AFP
I cannot think of another example of a country in Latin America that, having suffered a rupture of its democratic institutional order, overcame such a crisis through negotiation and dialogue,Clinton said in Islamabad.