- n a drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands
his story brought tears to her eyes
- n an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- n an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
- n the act of tearing
he took the manuscript in both hands and gave it a mighty tear
- v separate or cause to separate abruptly
tear the paper
- v to separate or be separated by force
- v move quickly and violently
- v strip of feathers
- v fill with tears or shed tears
Her eyes were tearing
- Eating salt lessens the effects of the tear gas, they say, with an air of practiced impatience.
- Statistics show that where tear gas is used, as compared to firearms, tear gas does not produce casualties; and other forms of weapons used on such occasions leave wounded and .
- Riot police fired tear gas at the protesters gathered near parliament, and medical staff later reported that more than 100 people were injured.
News & Articles
- Protesters embrace to protect each other from tear gas as Brazil bus fare demo turns ugly
Two demonstrators hug each other tightly as they are surrounded by riot police using tear gas during a student protest in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday.Thousands of people took to the streets of Brazil's two biggest cities to protest 10-cent hikes in bus and subway fares.-- Agence France-Presse, The Associated PressPreviously on PhotoBlog: Amorous protesters, lost in the heat of Vancouver riots ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Tear gas, fire, stun grenades: Chaos in Istanbul as police, protesters clash
A central square and park in Istanbul erupted Tuesday and into Wednesday in an unsettling, chaotic chorus, with tear gas canisters and water cannons from police met by fireworks, metal banging and defiant chanting from protesters.
June 12, 2013 - CNN
- Tear gas, water cannons end party in Istanbul's Taksim Square
Turkish police recaptured Taksim Square from antigovernment protesters after dawn today, spreading across the iconic square at the heart of Istanbul and using tear gas and water cannon in a day of steady street battles.
June 11, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Dara Torres in Toronto Star
He found a tear in my quad tendon that was undiagnosed,Torres said in an e-mail message. "Excluding draining my knee, he has never treated me, but I did see his chiropractor who did soft-tissue work on my leg. That was the extent of my...
- Chris Martin in Independent
Frontman Chris Martin said: "We have never had so many Grammys in our life. I feel so grateful to be here, I'm going to tear up. Thank you so much."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Leading The Charge
I said I would not tear up. Already we're not on that path,Clinton replied to laughs.