- n (sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
- n a period of illness
a bout of fever
a bout of depression
- n a contest or fight (especially between boxers or wrestlers)
- n an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
- NEW YORK CITY: The Riddick Bowe-Andrew Golota bout-turned brawl, left another black eye on the sport of boxing and may have delivered a knockout punch to professional fights at .
- Sumie Sakai squares off against Jessica Penne at a Fatal Femmes Fighting bout at the The Crystal Casino in Compton, Calif.
- My friend and muse and temporary master, Rick Stengel, the editor of PTI, interrogated me about Reset, and you can listen to our conversation here: audio http:pdl-stream .
- Helen Mirren in PR-inside.com (press release)
She says, "I don't really like romantic movies very much and I hate tal king about feelings, so I'm definitely a man in disguise. I don't even really like seeing people kiss in movies. This movie is a bout as romantic as I can handle."
- Floyd Mayweather Jr in ESPN
This one is definitely for the fans as I wasn't going to waste anyone's time with a meaningless tune-up bout and asked to fight Shane immediately,Mayweather said. "I have said ever since I came back to the sport that I only wanted to fight...
- Frank Lautenberg in The Associated Press
I've gone to work just about every day since the first bout in the hospital came along,Lautenberg said at the dinner.