- n a charge of ammunition for a single shot
- n an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
- n a regular route for a sentry or policeman
- n (often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order)
the doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning
the postman's rounds
we enjoyed our round of the local bars
- n the activity of playing 18 holes of golf
a round of golf takes about 4 hours
- n the usual activities in your day
the doctor made his rounds
- n (sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
- n the course along which communications spread
the story is going the rounds in Washington
- n a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic)
he ordered a second round
- n a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
- n a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
they enjoyed singing rounds
- n an outburst of applause
there was a round of applause
- n a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
- n any circular or rotating mechanism
- v wind around; move along a circular course
round the bend
- v make round
round the edges
- v pronounce with rounded lips
- v attack in speech or writing
- v bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
- v express as a round number
round off the amount
- v become round, plump, or shapely
- a having a circular shape
- s (of sounds) full and rich
- s (mathematics) expressed to the nearest integer, ten, hundred, or thousand
in round numbers
- r from beginning to end; throughout
It rains all year round on Skye
frigid weather the year around
- Summer vacation isn't what it used to be, as more districts experiment with year-round classes.
- The theme of the first round is the singer's favorite performance, and it's a no-brainer for Blake.
- But by the second round, the woman who nearly brought down a president was running away from Harding, seemingly in tears.
News & Articles
- Second round ends with two players under par
Second round ends with two players under par
June 15, 2013 - PGA via Yahoo! Sports
- Round Lake Library board members resign amid controversy over employee's firing
ROUND LAKE — The entire Round Lake Library Board of Trustees resigned last night amid controversy surrounding the firing of longtime library employee Theresa Marchione.
June 15, 2013 - Community News
- Round Lake Beach man held in heroin overdose death
A Round Lake Beach man is being held Friday on $500,000 bond in connection with the May 12 death of a man in Round Lake Park. Michael N. Seelye, 31, of the 500 block of West Hawthorne Drive, was charged late Thursday with drug induced homicide. He turned himself in to Round Lake Park police, said Chief George Filenko. The arrest followed a monthlong investigation involving the heroin overdose ...
June 14, 2013 - Daily Herald
- David Villa in The Associated Press
It was one of my best goals because it got us through to the next round,Villa said. "Keep scoring so we can keep going."
- Tiger Wood in San Jose Mercury News
I just need to keep progressing,he said. "It's a long process. This is a tournament where you don't win it with one round, but you can lose it with one round. And you've just got to keep making progress, and as I said, it's a long process...
- Andy Roddick in Lewiston Sun Journal
That was as tough of a second round as there is,Roddick said. "I had to make an adjustment. Off of my serve, I had to start coming in and serving and volleying behind it."