- n the property of being smooth and shiny
- n a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
they performed with great polish
- n a preparation used in polishing
- n the Slavic language of Poland
- v make (a surface) shine
polish my shoes
- v improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
- v bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
polish your social manners
- a of or relating to Poland or its people or culture
News & Articles
- Polish prosecutors get more time for CIA jail probe
WARSAW (Reuters) - Polish prosecutors have extended until early October the five-year-old criminal investigation into allegations that the CIA ran secret jails on Polish soil, a case human rights campaigners say the authorities are deliberately dragging out. The United States has acknowledged using a network of facilities in several foreign countries to detain al Qaeda suspects who threatened ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Polish company plans zipper bag manufacturing plant in Marion
A Polish company that supplies large press-to-close zipper bags used by food, pet food, lawn care, pharmaceutical and other businesses will be the initial tenant of the 181-acre Marion Enterprise Center.
June 12, 2013 - The Gazette
- Polish PM rejects move to Brussels job for now
By Adrian Krajewski WARSAW (Reuters) - Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said on Monday he wanted to fight for another term in office, quashing speculation that he was preparing a bid to take over as the next European Commission President. Tusk has strong pro-European credentials and had been seen by many officials in EU capitals as a leading candidate to replace serving Commission head Jose ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Donald Tusk in FOXNews
This is not a Polish initiative, but we would welcome it,Tusk said.
- Marcus Trescothick in Seattle Times
It was my job to keep the shine on the new ball for as long as possible with a bit of spit and a lot of polish,Trescothick wrote. "And through trial and error, I finally settled on [the] type of spit for the task at hand."
- Bronislaw Komorowski in ABC Online
This is a victory for Polish democracy,Mr Komorowski told cheering supporters at his campaign headquarters. "The ballots are being counted. We're opening a small bottle of champagne today, and we'll open a big one tomorrow."