- n the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light
- v be bright by reflecting or casting light
- v emit light; be bright, as of the sun or a light
- v be shiny, as if wet
- v be distinguished or eminent
His talent shines
- v be clear and obvious
- v have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- v throw or flash the light of (a lamp)
- v touch or seem as if touching visually or audibly
- v experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
- v make (a surface) shine
shine the silver, please
- When reporters asked about his affiliation with Islam, he joked that he was going to have four wives: one to shine his shoes, one to feed him grapes, one to rub oil on his muscles .
- There are two ways to make your car's roof shine.
- Over the years, Warren has talked to thousands of college studentsusually in informal sessions in which his sense of humor and high ethical standards shine through.
News & Articles
- Jumpers shine in state for Maple Grove
Maple Grove seniors Katharine Roeterin and Madison Ordner picked up two medals in jump competition at last Saturday’s state track … The post Jumpers shine in state for Maple Grove appeared first on Press and News .
June 13, 2013 - Dayton Press & News
- OFFSTAGE: Florida Georgia Line Takes Me to 'Shine School
( CMT Offstage keeps a 24/7 watch on everything that's happening with country music artists behind the scenes and out of the spotlight.) I wasn't completely sold on Florida Georgia Line 's No. 1 hit "Get Your Shine On" at first. I mean, come on.
June 13, 2013 - cmt.com
- Farmers Market to be open Thursday - rain or shine
LOWER MAKEFIELD -- The Lower Makefield Farmers Market will be open for business on Thursday, rain or shine, organizers said.
June 12, 2013 - Bucks County Courier Times
- President Bush in Reuters
Our economy is large and it's open and flexible. Our capital markets are some of the deepest and most liquid. And the long-term health and strong foundation of our economy will shine through and be reflected in currency values,Bush said.
- James Dolan in USA Today
And Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan appeared to be taking a shot at LeBron when, speaking of Stoudemire signing on, he said: "It takes courage to play where the lights shine the brightest."
- Bill Lockyer in CNET News.com
The Hewlett-Packard incident has helped shine a national spotlight on a major privacy protection problem,Attorney General Bill Lockyer said in a statement. "With its governance reforms, this settlement should help guide companies across...