- v send out rays or waves
The sun radiates heat
- v send out real or metaphoric rays
She radiates happiness
- v extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center
spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel
This plants radiate spines in all directions
- v have a complexion with a strong bright color, such as red or pink
- v cause to be seen by emitting light as if in rays
- v experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an intense emotion
Her face radiated with happiness
- v issue or emerge in rays or waves
Heat radiated from the metal box
- v spread into new habitats and produce variety or variegate
- s arranged like rays or radii; radiating from a common center
- s having rays or ray-like parts as in the flower heads of daisies
- John Mayer doesn't radiate courage.
- There were magical folks who could make freedom radiate through the walls of a Birmingham jail, a South African prison or a Gdansk shipyard.
- Tunde Adebimpe and Kyp Malone's harmonies radiate awkward warmth, while the rhythms pause just long enough to reveal surprising melodies.
News & Articles
- Radiate Media Launches Radiate360, A New Platform to Simplify Marketing and Social Media for Hyper-Local Businesses
SALT LAKE CITY, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Radiate Media™ , a leading provider of software and services that empower and strengthen local businesses, has launched Radiate360™ , its new integrated marketing ...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Alicia Keys Is All Elegance In ‘Evening Standard,’ Says She’s Proud Of Rihanna
Alicia Keys surely knows how to radiate for a glamorous cover turn. After dropping her Vegas girl gone soulful "Tears Always Win" video, the gorgeous Grammy Award winner graves the cover of the 'Evening Standard.'... More »
June 18, 2013 - The Atlanta Post
- First Listen: Mavis Staples, 'One True Vine'
Produced by Wilco's Jeff Tweedy, One True Vine radiates reverence while summoning a slow burn well-suited to Staples' rich, dusky voice. Then, as the album blooms into something more celebratory, joy peeks through like slivers of sunshine.
June 17, 2013 - NPR