- n a column of light (as from a beacon)
- n a branch of an umbel or an umbelliform inflorescence
- n (mathematics) a straight line extending from a point
- n a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
- n the syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization
- n any of the stiff bony spines in the fin of a fish
- n cartilaginous fishes having horizontally flattened bodies and enlarged winglike pectoral fins with gills on the underside; most swim by moving the pectoral fins
- v emit as rays
That tower rays a laser beam for miles across the sky
- v extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center
- v expose to radiation
- Patients are getting worried about X rays.
- The Matthews "ray" would kill or disable infantry and its inventor said: "In the near future, machine guns will be found only in museums.
- Pigeons killed on the fly by a mysterious ray, a genuine and ingenious new welding process, big round sums of money and a short, myopic Spaniard were the ingredients of a story .
News & Articles
- Ray: Less is more
Our two predictions for Ray Allen this season came true. He won another championship and he had a more limited role in Miami than he did with the Celtics. Allen had career-lows in minutes per game (25.8), points (10.9) and shots (8.2). At times during the season, he expressed concern about his inclusion in the offense, and coach Erik Spoelstra said at one point that the Heat needed to get Allen ...
June 30, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Ray Allen Exercises Option, Will Stay With Heat Next Season
Ray Allen has decided to pick up his $3.2 million player option with the Heat for the ’13-14 season. The Heat’s Game 6 savior will be back to stretch defense as Miami aims for a three-peat in South Beach:
June 29, 2013 - Slam
- Ray Allen opts in for champion Heat for 2013-14
Ray Allen opts in for champion Heat for 2013-14
June 29, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Tiger Wood in The Guardian
I have been playing with a bad neck for quite a while,Woods said in a statement after walking off. "They want me to get a picture [x-ray] next week. I might have a bulging disc. I have been playing through it. I can't play through it any...