assault : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n close fighting during the culmination of a military attack
- n a threatened or attempted physical attack by someone who appears to be able to cause bodily harm if not stopped
- n thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1946
- n the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
- v attack someone physically or emotionally
The mugger assaulted the woman
- v force (someone) to have sex against their will
- v attack in speech or writing
- The assault, no matter how it ends, will not ease the Jewish state's existential anxiety.
- A judge bans the word from a sexual assault case, sparking debate over freedom of speech and the right to a fair trial.
- Despite the massive air assault, most of the Palestinian group's high command has survived.
News & Articles
- Army Assault Prosecutors Regroup
Army lawyers met recently for training sessions, where they discussed ways to get more convictions in sexual assault cases, as well as ways to protect victims' privacy.
June 23, 2013 - NPR
- Pork Assault: Man Accuses Mom Of Poison By Pork, Knife Fight Breaks Out
A so-called poison pork assault has landed an Elk County, Pennsylvania man in jail to face charges of making terroristic threats and simple assault. CBS Pittsburgh reported that 25-year-old Joshua Coffey attacked his mother Sherri Coffey and her friend Mark Blair on June 11. They were supposedly eating a steak dinner together when Joshua more... Read more » Pork Assault: Man Accuses Mom Of ...
June 22, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Assault case involving former McDonnell aide tossed
Domestic assault charges that Erik J. Finkbeiner, a former aide to Gov. Bob McDonnell, and his former girlfriend, Summer Hudson, obtained against each other last month were withdrawn against both part
June 20, 2013 - Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Barack Obama in Seattle Times
As I said yesterday, every day that this leak continues is an assault on the people of the Gulf Coast region, their livelihoods, and the natural bounty that belongs to all of us,Obama said.
- Ben Roethlisberger in Post Chronicle
Speaking on Thursday (23Jul09), Roethlisberger says, "I did not sexually assault Andrea McNulty. Saturday was the first that I learned of her accusations. Her false and vicious allegations are an attack on my family and on me. I would never, ever...