- v fail to agree with; be in violation of; as of rules or patterns
This sentence violates the rules of syntax
- v act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises
violate the basic laws or human civilization
- v destroy
Don't violate my garden
violate my privacy
- v violate the sacred character of a place or language
violate the sanctity of the church
- v force (someone) to have sex against their will
- v destroy and strip of its possession
- She would then violate the rules for the suspension of her sentence by seeing him again -- and becoming pregnant again.
- What law did he violate? I am not a judge, so I can't tell you all the details.
- The Chicago Lawyers' Committee recently sued Craigslist for running ads that allegedly violate the Fair Housing Act, a federal law that bans housing discrimination.
News & Articles
- Calling Snowden a criminal, Pelosi booed by progressives
(CNN) – Rep. Nancy Pelosi's description of NSA leaker Edward Snowden as a criminal drew harsh reaction from liberals gathered at a conference in California on Saturday. Speaking at Netroots Nation in San Jose, the House Democratic leader said Snowden "did violate the law in terms of releasing those documents," prompting loud boos and heckling […]
June 23, 2013 - CNN Political Ticker
- End the pointless private school voucher program
Last Monday, Strafford Superior Court Judge John Lewis ruled that paying religious schools with vouchers funded by New Hampshire tax credits would violate the New Hampshire Constitution. That's an important victory for New Hampshire taxpayers and our...
June 23, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Chief Noble Wray files complaint to fire Officer Stephen Heimsness
Heimsness said to repeatedly violate police department rules.
June 22, 2013 - Wisconsin State Journal
- Mwai Kibaki in Reuters India
I am deeply disturbed by the senseless violence instigated by some leaders,Kibaki told reporters on the lawn of his residence. "Those who continue to violate the law will face its full force."
- Rod Blagojevich in FOXNews
In the end, a lot of it was talk and exploring ideas,Blagojevich told the AP. "I never, ever intended to violate any criminal law."