vocalise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v sing (each note a scale or in a melody) with the same vowel
- v pronounce as a vowel
- v express or state clearly
- v utter with vibrating vocal chords
- v utter speech sounds
News & Articles
- Discs: Wilco’s guitarist goes out there and finds musical bliss
Electric JazzThe Nels Cline SingersMacrocope[Mack Avenue]???½½No, they’re not really singers. You’ll definitely hear a voice, very much in passing, doing a sub-Metheny wordless vocalise but otherwise, Wilco’...
April 23, 2014 - The Buffalo News
- Latest from Nels Cline Singers is brilliant
Electric JazzThe Nels Cline SingersMacrocope[Mack Avenue]???½½No, they’re not really singers. You’ll definitely hear a voice, very much in passing, doing a sub-Pat Metheny wordless vocalise but otherwise, Wilco ...
April 22, 2014 - The Buffalo News
- Susan Graham in PlaybillArts
Graham said, "It's a rich tapestry and it provides a delicious variety of romantic, saucy, lush, humorous and offbeat songs. I wasn't familiar with many of them before, including FaurÃ©'s rarely heard Vocalise-Etude, but I have truly fallen in love...
- Kathy Tayler in Belfast Telegraph
You weren't very comfortable with the technical side of it,said Kathy. "Remember, you must keep talking, even if you're struggling to find a button. You have to vocalise. I once broke a strand of pearls while I was demonstrating and,...