- n the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech
A shrill voice sounded behind us
- n the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract
a singer takes good care of his voice
- n a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance
the noisy voice of the waterfall
the incessant voices of the artillery
- n expressing in coherent verbal form
I gave voice to my feelings
- n a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated
the voice of the law
the Times is not the voice of New York
conservatism has many voices
- n something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression
the wee small voice of conscience
the voice of experience
he said his voices told him to do it
- n (metonymy) a singer
he wanted to hear trained voices sing it
- n an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
- n the ability to speak
he lost his voice
- n (linguistics) the grammatical relation (active or passive) of the grammatical subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
- n the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music
- v give voice to
He voiced his concern
- v utter with vibrating vocal chords
- Good news for Patrick Stewart: television commercials with celebrity voice-overs are most effective when people recognize the voice--but can't quite put a name to it.
- The human voice was always man's most expressive musical instrument, and until a few centuries ago it was also the most flexible.
- What Obama owes to the omniscient, authoritative voices of James Earl Jones and Morgan Freeman.
News & Articles
- Voice of Martyrs national speaker Robert Brock at Salem Baptist June 16
SALESVILLE -- Robert Brock, national speaker for "Voice of the Martyrs," will be at Salem Baptist Church at 5 p.m. Sunday, June 16. Voice of the Martyrs is a non-profit, inter-denominational Christian organization dedicated to...
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Voice One is Uncorking “The Glass of Sherry”
Voice One, a division of th? Call Center Corporation, is unveiling an educational weekly column specifically tailored to the world of messaging starring Sheri Springer, EVP of Sales. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10827094.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Voice of Calvary: Rebuilding Neighborhoods
Voice of Calvary Ministries President Phil Reed gave a June 6 presentation about the Neighborhood Stabilization Program at the King Edward Hotel. Photo by Trip Burns
June 12, 2013 - Jackson Free Press
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in USA Today
Later, at her victory celebration, Hillary Clinton told her cheering backers: "Over the last week I listened to you; in the process, I found my own voice. ...... Now, together, let's give America the kind of comeback that New Hampshire has given...
- Harry Reid in Reuters
This news division will not be the same without his strong, clear voice,Brokaw said.
- Placido Domingo in Melbourne Herald Sun
I always admired the God-given glory of his voice,Domingo said.