- n something determined in relation to something that includes it
he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself
- n something less than the whole of a human artifact
the rear part of the house
glue the two parts together
- n a portion of a natural object
they analyzed the river into three parts
- n that which concerns a person with regard to a particular role or situation
it requires vigilance on our part
they resisted every effort on his part
- n the extended spatial location of something
religions in all parts of the world
- n the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
the government must do its part
- n an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
she played the part of Desdemona
- n assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
- n one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole
the written part of the exam
- n a line of scalp that can be seen when sections of hair are combed in opposite directions
his part was right in the middle
- n the melody carried by a particular voice or instrument in polyphonic music
he tried to sing the tenor part
- n the part played by a person in bringing about a result
- v go one's own way; move apart
The friends separated after the party
- v discontinue an association or relation; go different ways
The business partners broke over a tax question
- v leave
- v come apart
- v force, take, or pull apart
Moses parted the Red Sea
- r in part; in some degree; not wholly
I felt partly to blame
He was partially paralyzed
- In the program notes, producer Laura Bickford says that the first part is "more of an action film with big battle scenes," and the second part "more of a thriller.
- The main part of the plan calls for spending up to $75 billion of Treasury's TARP funds to restructure the loans of homeowners who are behind on their mortgages or at immediate risk .
- It would be better for a united America to lose this war than for America to remain disunited; for a united America would rise from defeat, but if a part of tis won and a part of .
News & Articles
- PART TIME PHLEBOTOMIST:
PART TIME PHLEBOTOMIST: DESCRIPTION:Â Collects blood, checks quality of blood and enters all test ordered by the physician. QUALIFICATIONS:Â Must have experience and excellent computer skills.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- Part of Schultz Pass Road closed for construction
Part of the northern end of Schultz Pass Road will be closed beginning this week for construction work.
June 11, 2013 - Arizona Daily Sun
- Part of Vermilion Street closing Friday night
Part of Vermilion Street in downtown Lafayette will be closed Friday evening for a private function at the Acadiana Center for the Arts. Vermilion between Jefferson and Buchanan Streets will be shut down from 6:30 P. M. until 12:30 A. M. Detour routes will be made available.
June 11, 2013 - KATC 3 Lafayette
- Barack Obama in AFP
The 30,000 additional troops that I am announcing tonight will deploy in the first part of 2010 -- the fastest pace possible,Obama said, in advance excerpts of the speech at the US Military Academy at West Point, New York.
- David Petraeus in Telegraph.co.uk
This is an effort in which we must achieve unity of effort and common purpose,he said at the US embassy in Kabul, a day after arriving. "Civilian and military, Afghan and international, we are part of one team with one mission."
- Rahm Emanuel in Telegraph.co.uk
Well, to quote Tony Hayward, he's got his life back, as he would say,he told ABC television. "And I think we can all conclude that Tony Hayward is not going to have a second career in PR consulting. This has just been part of a long line...