- n a serious disagreement between two groups of people (typically producing tension or hostility)
- n a ridge of land that separates two adjacent river systems
- v separate into parts or portions
divide the cake into three equal parts
- v perform a division
Can you divide 49 by seven?
- v act as a barrier between; stand between
The mountain range divides the two countries
- v come apart
- v make a division or separation
- v force, take, or pull apart
- The hypothetical bridge over the digital divide may be well-intended, but Davos may not be the best place to start construction.
- Social as well as economic differences still divide the two halves of the city.
- They see him as a man who cannot only repair the growing divide between Democrats and Republicans but also ease racial tensions that persist more than four decades after Martin .
News & Articles
- Attempt to divide instead unites
Attempt to divide instead unites Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 12:36 pm, Saturday, June 22, 2013 Hundreds of worshippers streamed into the Islamic Community Center of the Capital District past a marked police car for the first Friday prayer service since the FBI uncovered what it ...
June 22, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Digital divide to be resolved in Mass.
The ‘digital divide’ that exists in Massachusetts is about to be defeated with the installation of the new OpenCape fiber-optic broadband network on Cape Cod.
June 20, 2013 - WPRI Providence
- Fire crosses Divide
VALLEY — The West Fork fire apparently crossed the Continental Divide onto the Rio Grande National Forest in the area to the west of Big Meadows Campground on Thursday morning. An initial attack crew from the Rio Grande Forest headed out to the spot fire.
June 20, 2013 - Valley Courier
- Osama bin Laden in News24
Our duty is to foil these dangerous schemes, which try to prevent the establishment of an Islamic state in Iraq, which would be a wall of resistance against American schemes to divide Iraq,Bin Laden said.
- Barack Obama in KXMC
In his prepared remarks, Obama tells voters that in a week's time they can "put an end to politics that would divide a nation just to win an election."
- Ferenc Gyurcsany in ABC News
We should not allow that a new Iron Curtain should be set up and divide Europe,Gyurcsany told reporters.