- n that part of the earnings of a corporation that is distributed to its shareholders; usually paid quarterly
- n a number to be divided by another number
- n a bonus; something extra (especially a share of a surplus)
- The company paid 16 a share in dividends, meaning Greenberg would have collected $7 million.
- Many a directorate met last week and the main talk of most was what to do about their quarterly dividend.
- As corporate indicators go, earnings are usually proof of what has been, dividends an indication of what is yet to be.
News & Articles
- Cash Dividend On The Way From Gabelli Equity Trust's Series G Cumulative Preferred Stock
On 6/17/13, Gabelli Equity Trust's Series G Cumulative Preferred Stock (NYSE: GAB.PRG) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.375, payable on 6/26/13. As a percentage of GAB.PRG's recent share price of $24.93, this dividend works out to approximately 1.50%, so look for shares of GAB.PRG to trade 1.50% lower ? all else being equal ? when GAB.PRG shares open for trading on 6/17 ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Dividend Companies: Yield on Cost Doesn’t Matter
Dividend Companies: Yield on Cost Doesn’t Matter
June 12, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Dividend and Income Fund (DNI) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for June 13, 2013
Dividend and Income Fund ( DNI ) will begin trading ex-dividend on June 13, 2013. A cash dividend payment of $0.408 per share is scheduled to be paid on June 28, 2013. Shareholders who
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Lindsey Graham in Reuters South Africa
I think it goes along the lines that now is the time to lower tax rates for investors, capital gains tax, dividend tax rates, to make sure that we can get the economy jump-started,said Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.
- Tony Hayward in Wall Street Journal
We are considering all options on the dividend. But no decision has been made,he said.
- Jeffrey Immelt in Washington Post
In a statement, chief executive Jeffrey R. Immelt said the dividend cut is "the right precautionary action at this time to further strengthen our company for the long-term, while still providing an attractive dividend."