fraction : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a component of a mixture that has been separated by a fractional process
- n a small part or item forming a piece of a whole
- n the quotient of two rational numbers
- v perform a division
- If I can contribute just a fraction of what Miyamoto has to video gaming, I'll be honored.
- Spotting trends before they're trendy and molding them into a consistent vision account for only a small fraction of Coddington's success.
- That's 10,000 years spent in the virtual world that Jones, Lehto, Gough and their collaborators built, and that's only the online figure, a small fraction of what must be a truly .
News & Articles
- Seth Rogen makes directing debut with "This Is the End
June 15--A surprisingly large fraction of this summer's movie releases take the destruction of human life on earth as their premise. None has taken that vision to such an extreme as "This is the End." The Hollywood apocalypse comedy resembles a Hieronymus Bosch painting with wiener jokes.
June 16, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com
- Competition grows at Ribfest
Local Low and Slow BBQ appears to be a fraction of the size of other vendors at this weekend's BBQ Ribfest, featuring a picket fence and a tip jar with a "College Fund" label on the front.
June 16, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Moderate cleric Hasan Rowhani elected president of Iran, interior ministry says
The Iranian interior ministry announced on Saturday that moderate cleric Hasan Rowhani has won the country’s presidential election, NBC News confirms.Rowhani won with a fraction over the 50 percent of the vote needed to win outright on the first poll. Voter turnout was recorded at 72.7 percent.Press TV, an Iranian state media outlet, reported that Rowhani was born in the city of Sorkheh and ...
June 15, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Nelson Mandela in Globe and Mail
We are currently being inundated with requests for meetings, and it will be impossible for Mr. Mandela to accede to even a small fraction of these,the Nelson Mandela Foundation said in a statement this week.
- Anthony Kennedy in Vermont Guardian
Justice Anthony Kennedy, writing the majority opinion in Gonzalez v. Carhart, said the law's opponents "have not demonstrated that the act would be unconstitutional in a large fraction of relevant cases."
- Warren Buffett in Reuters
The auto industry is seeking only a fraction of what was given to the ...... financial industry and it's a loan. And that loan is going to ensure that we have a manufacturing infrastructure and 3 million jobs are protected in this nation all across... Jennifer Granholm http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Granholm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHyqKQ1O20bFFFm-EmHjVHEA-1Yrw International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/12/17/america/Granholms-Roar.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHStC2CgE33YjR8EKQNVYK56E6ZqA Dec 17, 2008
39596 50855 fractional It is with reluctance that I accept Richard's decision to step down," Buffett said in a statement. "Richard Santulli is synonymous with the fractional jet ownership industry and his vision and energy has made NetJets the leader that it is...