- n an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story)
she is the main character in the novel
- n a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something
the radical character of our demands
- n the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions
education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer
- n an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
- n a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
a real character
a strange character
- n good repute
he is a man of character
- n a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability
requests for character references are all too often answered evasively
- n a written symbol that is used to represent speech
the Greek alphabet has 24 characters
- n (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes
- v engrave or inscribe characters on
- Photographer Howard Schatz asks an array of character actors to do what they do best.
- Both cartoonists have hordes of loyal fans; both draw moonfaced characters; both go by a single name.
- But the character descriptions make me doubt if the analyst has watched the same show as I have.
News & Articles
- NFL pulse: Bill Belichick stays in character, Manti Te'o speaks and more
Bill Belichick never breaks character. Loads of TV news trucks and other reporters made their way to New England to ask Belichick about Tim Tebow . If you know Belichick at all, you knew those reporters were not going to have any luck getting anything useful out of him. "Belichick's responses to today's questions were so vintage Belichick that you wouldn't even have any idea what year this video ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Fictitious Character “Brandon Dentertainment” to Host One Show Entertainment
Character was Created by Funny Or Die’s Gifted Youth (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10822347.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Chinese Character: Boat or Ship ?
The Chinese character ? ( zh?u ) refers to a boat or a ship. In ancient pictograph form, the character was often slanted slightly, making the two sides of the character representative of the sides of a boat. The line … The post Chinese Character: Boat or Ship ? appeared first on The Epoch Times .
June 11, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- Barack Obama in USA Today
One of the things that we have to change in this country is the idea that people can't disagree without challenging each other's character and patriotism,Obama said. "I will let no one question my love of this country. I love America, so...
- Gerardo Martino in The Associated Press
Character plays a big role,Martino said. "What can you say when a Cardozo asks to kick the fifth penalty and he does it the way he did it?"
- Daniel Day-Lewis in The Times
In 'Monster's Ball' that character that he created seemed to be almost like an unformed being, retreating from themselves, retreating from his father, from his life, even retreating from us,Day-Lewis said. "And yet we wanted to follow him,...