- n the actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group
play its role
- n an actor's portrayal of someone in a play
- n what something is used for
- n normal or customary activity of a person in a particular social setting
what is your role on the team?
- She brings to the role of energy "czarina" a hefty amount of experience in environmental policy-making and consulting.
- Casting Cruise in the role has drawn fire from a range of sources.
- Win McNamee Getty Mark Penn, the strategist with near-total control over Hillary Clinton's campaign message and strategy since its inception, gave up his senior role under .
- William Hague in New York Daily News
Stoning is a "medieval punishment which has no role in the modern world," British Foreign Secretary William Hague told the AP on Thursday. "If the punishment is carried out, it will disgust and appall the watching world."
- President Bush in Reuters Canada
The government's got a role to play. But it is limited. A federal bailout of lenders would only encourage a recurrence of the problem,Bush said in a statement in the Rose Garden.
- Barbara Boxer in CNN
Boxer said she's voting no because Bernanke "played a lead role in crafting the Bush administration's economic policies, which led to the current economic crisis."