- n a feeling of delight at being filled with wonder and enchantment
- n the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
- Even as Southern gentlemen have been time and again aroused to the hanging, burning and mutilation of human flesh in expiation for the black ravishment of their white women, so .
- Beyond that, Devdas is a visual ravishment, with huge sets, fabulous frocks and beautiful people to fill them; it has a grandeur the old Hollywood moguls would have loved.
- Yet his stable of sirensHanna Schygulla, Margit Carstensen, Ingrid Caven (who was once married to the openly gay filmmaker)were objects of ravishment in film after brilliant .