cycle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
the never-ending cycle of the seasons
- n a series of poems or songs on the same theme
Schubert's song cycles
- n a periodically repeated sequence of events
a cycle of reprisal and retaliation
- n the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- n a single complete execution of a periodically repeated phenomenon
a year constitutes a cycle of the seasons
- n a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
- v cause to go through a recurring sequence
cycle the laundry in this washing program
- v pass through a cycle
This machine automatically cycles
- v ride a motorcycle
- v ride a bicycle
- v recur in repeating sequences
- One cycle would take about 52,000,000 years, but there would be enough cycles going on all the time to keep the sun hot.
- In the past decade, the number of multiple births resulting from IVF cycles has declined even as the number of IVF cycles has increased.
- So ingrained is this habit that a daily temperature cycle occurs, body heat being lowest (among people who normally sleep at night) in the early morning, highest in the early .
News & Articles
- B-cycle system stalled by software trouble off and running again
Denver's B-cycle program is now fully operational, say officials. B-cycle's Executive Director Parry Burnap said Thursday a software glitch that stopped the bike rental program from providing 24-hour memberships has been fixed.
June 13, 2013 - Denver Post
- GE's Clean Cycle Waste Heat-to-Power Technology to Enhance Fuel Efficiency of Remote Alaskan City
Clean Cycle Generator to Use Recovered Heat from Diesel Engines to Boost Electricity Production in Alaskan City of Kotzebue GE's Technology to Reduce Costs of Electricity and Heat Production, Saving an Estimated 177,000 Liters of Diesel Fuel Annually GE Providing Design and Components, Local Companies to Handle Construction and Installation VIENNA, AUSTRIA/KOTZEBUE, ALASKA — GE (NYSE ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Cycle Computing CEO to Speak on Utility HPC at Cloud Slam and LiveStream Event
Jason Stowe, CEO, Cycle Computing will discuss utility HPC use cases at Cloud Slam '13 (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10824216.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
To step back now would force a collapse of the Iraqi government,Mr Bush said in the prepared remarks, adding that that would ensnare US forces. "If we increase our support at this crucial moment, and help the Iraqis break the current cycle...
- Alan Greenspan in Wall Street Journal
Fat corporate-profit margins seem likely to shrink, a development Mr. Greenspan described as "an early sign that we are in the later stages of a cycle."
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
The cycle of suspicion and discord must end,Obama said, referring to the US-Islam mistrust during the past eight years caused by his predecessor George Bush's anti-terrorism campaign that raised hostility in the Muslim world.