- n any act of immoderate indulgence
an emotional binge
- n an occasion for excessive eating or drinking
- v overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself
The kids binged on ice cream
- Kids may think binge drinking is cool, but the hangover in terms of health problems, crime and accidents causing death or disability is huge.
- The ad features a huge bottle of "Binge Beer" and warns parents that binge drinking on campus has reached dangerous proportions.
- But approximately 20% of the vegetarians turned out to be binge eaters, compared with only 5% of those who had always eaten meat.
News & Articles
- El Paso health: Report lays groundwork for improvement
El Paso has an excessive number of binge drinkers, diabetes is on the rise, and teen pregnancy rates continue to be high, according to an 18-month health assessment by the city Public Health Department.
June 23, 2013 - El Paso Times
- Binge drinking costs county $113M annually
JUNEAU – Binge drinking in Dodge County is significantly higher than the benchmark for Wisconsin and the nation, according to a recent report.
June 21, 2013 - Beaver Dam Daily Citizen
- A guide to binge-watching
Binge watching: watching several hours of a television show either on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime or some other means. For those of you who have never binge watched a television show, I highly suggest it. Although you feel like a lazy bum for watching over six hours of the same show in one day, you will quickly forget that if you are captivated by a compelling show.
June 20, 2013 - Old Gold & Black
- George Osborne in Independent
George Osborne, the shadow Chancellor, said: "Our package does not hit the vast majority of law-abiding, responsible drinkers. Binge drinkers should not be used as an excuse for yet more health taxes."
- Hinda Miller in Washington Post
Our laws aren't working. They're not preventing underage drinking. What they're doing is putting it outside the public eye,Vermont state Sen. Hinda Miller said. "So you have a lot of kids binge drinking. They get sick, they get scared and...
- Liam Donaldson in BBC News
The more they get a taste for it, the more likely they are to be heavy drinking adults or binge drinkers later in childhood,Sir Liam said.