- n a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
- n a piece of paper money worth one dollar
- n United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
- n a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
- n mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- v to strive with determination
John is bucking for a promotion
- v resist
buck the trend
- v move quickly and violently
- v jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
the yung filly bucked
News & Articles
- Buck Creek Valley Rescue to host “Fireworks and Fun” fundraising event on July 6
Buck Creek Valley Rescue, a non-profit animal rescue, is hosting a very family friendly fundraising event on July 6 with fun for the entire family. Buck Creek Valley Rescue invites you to their "Fireworks and Fun" fundraiser on Saturday, July 6, starting at 4 pm.
June 26, 2013 - Louisville.com
- Buck nominated for Woman of the Year
Senior Katy Buck was named among 455 female athletes as a nominee for the 2012-2013 NCAA Woman of the Year Award. The Woman of the Year Award process began at Towson, where the NCAA asked each member school to nominate its two top graduating female athletes. After earning her biology degree in three years, Buck became eligible. Buck was chosen by Towson as a nominee, allowing her to be able to ...
June 26, 2013 - The Towerlight
- Pearl S. Buck House reopens for birthday after renovations
The Bucks County home of author Pearl S. Buck is finally ready for visitors -- just in time for a birthday bash. The Pearl S. Buck House in Perkasie has reopened. Six months worth of renovations have just wrapped up. Buck was born on this date back in 1892. To celebrate the house is holding several events over the next three days.
June 26, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Boris Johnson in TIME
London's outspoken Conservative mayor, Boris Johnson, joined the chorus of criticism, saying, "I would like to see ...... cool heads, a bit of calm reflection about how to deal with this problem rather than endlessly buck-passing and name-calling....
- Rupert Murdoch in guardian.co.uk
As the chairman of the New York Post, I am ultimately responsible for what is printed in its pages. The buck stops with me,added Murdoch. "Last week, we made a mistake. We ran a cartoon that offended many people. Today I want to personally...
- Ben Bernanke in KVAL
As it puts together a package, Bernanke added, "Congress might want to consider a diversified mix of elements. Getting money to low and moderate income people is good in the sense of getting a bang for the buck."