cinch : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any undertaking that is easy to do
- n stable gear consisting of a band around a horse's belly that holds the saddle in place
- n a form of all fours in which the players bid for the privilege of naming trumps
- v tie a cinch around
- v make sure of
- v get a grip on; get mastery of
News & Articles
- Recipe of the Week: Try this old-fashioned buttermilk treat
These popsicles have a lemony taste, with a bit of mint, and are a cinch to make.
June 15, 2013 - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Texans adopt NFL’s new policy disallowing opaque bags bigger than a hand
The Texans announced they have adopted the NFL’s new stringent policy on what sorts of bags can be brought into the stadium on gameday. From the release: “Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the ...
June 14, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- NFL to limit bags brought into stadiums
Banned items will include purses larger than a clutch bag; coolers; briefcases; backpacks; fanny packs; cinch bags; seat cushions; luggage; computer bags; and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
June 13, 2013 - The Tennessean
- Tim Duncan in USA Today
When the ball is moving and the guys are making the open shots it makes everything else seem like a cinch,said Tim Duncan, who scored 11 points - more than 10 points below his career average against the Hornets. "It's great to have nights...
- Chipper Jones in MLB.com
Bad hops are part of the game,said Chipper Jones, who drew a four-pitch walk to begin the seventh. "I know everybody feels like it was a cinch double play, but balls take bad hops all the time, and it gave us an opportunity and we cashed...
- Harrison Ford in San Jose Mercury News
It was never a lead-pipe cinch,Ford said. "It was a calculated business risk but I believe it paid off. I was somewhat surprised and gratified to see it did the business that it did. It was successful in almost every market. The first time...