- n any new growth of a plant such as a new branch or a bud
- n a newly grown bud (especially from a germinating seed)
- v produce buds, branches, or germinate
the potatoes sprouted
- v put forth and grow sprouts or shoots
the plant sprouted early this year
- SPROUTARIANISM A diet built primarily around sprouted seeds, such as bean sprouts, wheat sprouts or broccoli sprouts, but usually supplemented with other raw foods.
- When the tube is empty, plant it in the ground, and it sprouts flowers.
- So-called formal systems were devised (the prime example being Russell and Whitehead's Principia Mathematica) in which theorems, following strict rules of inference, sprout from .
News & Articles
- Sprout's Inn owners hopeful to open new building in late July
Almost one year after Sprout's Inn in Quincy burned to the ground, owner Jennifer Wiemelt says construction is almost finished on the new building.
June 12, 2013 - WGEM Quincy
- Sprout Commerce Selected as Bigcommerce Premium Partner
MONTREAL and AUSTIN, Texas, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sprout Commerce today announced an agreement with Bigcommerce, the leading e-commerce software platform for fast-growth businesses, to join the ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Sprout Social Surpasses 10,000 Customers
A social media presence is essential in the modern market—almost any market. Whether you’re a nine-year-old lemonade entrepreneur looking to attract more traffic to your sidewalk stand or a politician seeking the highest office in the land, keeping track of your social footprint is a top priority. That reality may be why Sprout Social, a barely three-year-old company from Chicago, has managed to ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Lady Bird Johnson in Guardian Unlimited
Our center works for more than the lovely blossoms in our open spaces,Johnson wrote in a message on the center's Web site. "We are concerned for all of North America's native plants, from the smallest sprout to the tallest tree."
- Tendai Biti in AFP
The green shoots of recovery that are beginning to sprout don't mean we are out of the woods,Biti warned.