- n a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
the film was shot on location
- n a medium that disseminates moving pictures
film coverage of sporting events
- n photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies
- n a thin coating or layer
the table was covered with a film of dust
- n a thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things
- v make a film or photograph of something
- v record in film
The coronation was filmed
- His follow-up film BloodRayne, another video game adaptation, was equally panned, and left critics declaring that he was "fast becoming one of the worst directors on the planet.
- Like reality TV, a reality film is supercheap, and as Jackass proved, there's an audience willing to pay $9 for what it gets free on television.
- TIFF is a key showcase for films with Oscar pretensions.
News & Articles
- Film Has Grain
Film has grain. I love grain. In my photographs, grain is often part of the image. For example, if I'm shooting a stark or desolate scene, I know the grain will be a major component in the photograph. The picture that illustrates this article was taken on a foggy winter day at the beach.
June 18, 2013 - PDNonline
- Window Film WorksPhoto Contest
Customers who prove that window film worked are eligible to win up to $4,000 KINGSPORT, Tenn. - June 18, 2013 - Gila® window film not only improves the look and performance of windows, they are a smart ...
June 18, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- Company to Film Tareq Salahi's Gubernatorial Campaign Faces Legal Problems
Film company is facing legal problems, accusations of fraud.
June 17, 2013 - US News & World Report
- Kiefer Sutherland in E! Online (blog)
A film has been in the works since February, and star Kiefer Sutherland says he and executive producer Howard Gordon are "excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24."
- Daniel Day-Lewis in CNN
In `Brokeback Mountain,' he was unique, he was perfect,said Day-Lewis, already an Oscar winner for "My Left Foot." "That scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything I think I've ever seen."
- Tom LaBonge in Chicago Tribune
It looked like a disaster film,said Los Angeles City Councilman Tom LaBonge.