- n distinctive and stylish elegance
he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer
- n a quick run
- n a footrace run at top speed
he is preparing for the 100-yard dash
- n a punctuation mark (-) used between parts of a compound word or between the syllables of a word when the word is divided at the end of a line of text
- n the longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code
- n the act of moving with great haste
he made a dash for the door
- v run or move very quickly or hastily
She dashed into the yard
- v break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over
- v hurl or thrust violently
He dashed the plate against the wall
Waves were dashing against the rock
- v destroy or break
dashed ambitions and hopes
- v cause to lose courage
dashed by the refusal
- v add an enlivening or altering element to
blue paint dashed with white
- Unlike other dashboard GPS devices, Dash gathers real-time information from the Internet and assesses local traffic information using a network of drivers.
- Use a dash in a sentence describing the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
- Along with a dash of Along with a dash of DASH, a pat of PREMIER, a pinch of the DPP, a smidgen DASH, a pat of PREMIER, a pinch of the DPP, a smidgen of the NWCR of .
News & Articles
- Dash for Dads promotes prostate cancer awareness
A year ago, Dash for Dads became a reality in the Truckee Meadows. Now, for some, it may be becoming a necessity. Dash for Dads, a running event aimed at promoting prostate cancer awareness, will take place Sunday morning at the Sparks Marina.
June 12, 2013 - Daily Sparks Tribune
- Apple's Dash of Your Dreams Could Be a Nightmare for Automakers
Apple is ready to take over your dash, and iOS for the Car could finally allow your ride to keep pace with the device in your pocket.
June 11, 2013 - Wired News
- Ready. Set. Dash! Kids to Race in cMoe Discovery Dash
Ready. Set. DASH! Register now for cMoe's Discovery Dash June 15, 2013 - 8:00am to 10:30amThe Children's Museum of Evansville (cMoe) is proud to once again host the cMoe Discovery Dash for children aged 0 through 12. This children's race makes everyone a winner. Children are divided into age and gender groups for the race, awarding a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophy in each division as well as a ...
June 10, 2013 - FOX 7 WTVW Evansville
- Denny Hamlin in Baltimore Sun
This is probably the most gratifying win I've had, simply because we came through adversity so many times, whether it be because of pit road or that dash at the end,Hamlin said. "We just flat out drove through 'em at the end."
- Tyson Gay in Arizona Republic
Asked Thursday what his goals are this time around, Gay said: "Honestly, I really want to come away with two victories, in the 100 and 200. And I want to run a fast time in the 100-meter dash, because I feel if I can run, maybe - I don't really want...
- Patrick Ewing in USA Today
I think it's because he plays the center position,said Ewing, a Hall of Fame center with the New York Knicks and now a Magic assistant coach. "You guys look for that flash and dash. All the other guys who are in the race are all small...