- n how something is done or how it happens
in the characteristic New York style
- n a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period
all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper
- n a particular kind (as to appearance)
this style of shoe is in demand
- n the popular taste at a given time
the 1920s had a style of their own
- n (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
- n editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
- n distinctive and stylish elegance
- n a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving
- n a slender bristlelike or tubular process
a cartilaginous style
- v designate by an identifying term
They styled their nation `The Confederate States'
- v make consistent with a certain fashion or style
style the dress
- v make consistent with certain rules of style
style a manuscript
- He was convinced that the bold new industrial age required an equally audacious style of architecture.
- When fashion journalist Melissa Ceria moved from New York City to San Francisco two years ago, she carried with her a vision: to launch the concept of personal style at a new level.
- Shopping with precision and steeped in style, a typical teen shows why lords of commerce follow young ladies.
- Johan Cruyff in SkySports
Spain's style is the style of Barcelona,Cruyff told El Periodico. "Now, Spain is favourite to win the World Cup. Last night (Wednesday), that same Germany team that dazzled us against Argentina played football as it knows best; a football...
- Fabio Capello in The Associated Press
The goal was very important,England coach Fabio Capello said. "We could have played a different style."
- Brian France in Yahoo! Sports
We like a playoff-style format for sure,France said. "The big design is to have playoff-type moments that only can be, in any sport, created when there's a lot on the line at any one moment. That's what the essence of Game 7s, eliminations...