- n a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
- n distinctive and stylish elegance
- n enthusiastic and assured vigor and liveliness
a performance of great elan and sophistication
- He brought youth and idealism and accomplishment and elan and a sometimes boorish and clannish elitism to Washington.
- Instead, "BVD" blared its elan and vulgarity in color by DeLuxe.
- But Dutch designer Van der Meulen has solved the conundrum with elan to spare.
- Tom Brokaw in USA Today
Peter, of the three of us, was our prince. He seemed so timeless. He had such elan and style,Brokaw said.
- Simon Kelner in The Guardian
Kelner added: "Roger has edited the Independent throughout one of the most difficult periods in its history and has done so with elan, dedication, skill and his customary energy. His achievement in producing such a terrific newspaper, and in keeping...
- Aishwarya Rai in NDTV.com
Abhishek was all praise for Aishwarya, saying, "I think Raavan is by far Aishwarys's best performance. Hats off to her for doing such a difficult role with such elan. She aptly balanced grace and dignity while portraying strong willed woman."