zeal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
he felt a kind of religious zeal
- n excessive fervor to do something or accomplish some end
he had an absolute zeal for litigation
- n prompt willingness
they disliked his zeal in demonstrating his superiority
- Driven by ideological zeal, he reshaped Russia and made communism into a potent global force.
- And they pushed the mortgage, which offered several ways to back-load your loan and thereby reduce your early payments, with increasing zeal and misleading advertisements over the .
- Many of Korea's Christians are passionate evangelists, exhibiting the zeal of the newly converted.
News & Articles
- Conservatives as Defenders of the Media
A Justice Department inquiry of a Fox News reporter has given the press an unlikely ally in right-leaning radio and television hosts, who have taken to defending the First Amendment with a fire-and-brimstone zeal.
June 9, 2013 - New York Times
- Brazos: Believers are the fortunate ones as we know where we are going
Several years ago, I wrote an article about growing older and enlarging on the fact that I did not plan to do that. I might turn grey and sprout a few wrinkles, but basically I would never lose my zeal for traveling or being a participant in the clubs, and being entertained by all the wonderful outlets in Sedalia and Missouri. I lied. I’m old and time is not supposed to move this rapidly and ...
June 8, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Local amateur baseball: TR Polar Bears holding special event today
Today at 5 p.m. at Walsh Field the Two Rivers Polar Bears will host the Branch Blaze in their first Zeal Baseball Game in order to raise funds for Two Rivers native Zach Thorne.
June 8, 2013 - Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
- John Hagee in USA Today
In my zeal to oppose anti-Semitism and bigotry in all its ugly forms, I have often emphasized the darkest chapters in the history of Catholics and Protestant relations with the Jews,Hagee wrote. "In the process, I may have contributed to...
- Alistair Darling in ITN
Mr Darling said: "This coming 12 months will be the most difficult 12 months the Labour Party has had in a generation, quite frankly. We've got to rediscover that zeal which won three elections, and that is a huge problem for us at the moment. We...
- David Paterson in KVOA.com
Paterson tells WAMC-FM that "candidates have to be cautious in their zeal to win that they don't trample on the process."