- n a very long fly ball
- n a sudden very loud noise
- n a strong current of air
- n an explosion (as of dynamite)
- n a highly pleasurable or exciting experience
celebrating after the game was a blast
- n intense adverse criticism
- v make a strident sound
She tended to blast when speaking into a microphone
- v hit hard
- v use explosives on
- v apply a draft or strong wind to to
the air conditioning was blasting cold air at us
- v create by using explosives
blast a passage through the mountain
- v make with or as if with an explosion
blast a tunnel through the Alps
- v fire a shot
the gunman blasted away
- v criticize harshly or violently
- v shatter as if by explosion
- v shrivel or wither or mature imperfectly
- A deadly bomb blast in the southern Philippines' raises the question of how much the nation's splintered insurgencies might be working together.
- The blast at the Philippines' legislature appears to have targeted a lawmaker at odds with the Islamic terror group Abu Sayyaf.
- A deadly blast in Mexico City raises fears that Mexican drug cartels are adopting the tactics of their Colombian allies.
News & Articles
- Blast From The Past: 1986 Help For Drought
This week's "Blast from the Past" takes us back to July 24, 1986. North Carolina was in a drought and it was the north country to the rescue.
June 15, 2013 - WWNY - WNYF Watertown
- Blast, fire at La. chemical plant
Blast, fire at La. chemical plant Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 10:15 am, Thursday, June 13, 2013 Louisiana State Police say a reported explosion has started a fire at a chemical plant. The plant makes highly flammable gases that are basic building blocks in the ...
June 14, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Blast in shed at Atlanta airport
A blast occurred at a maintenance shed at the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta on Tuesday morning, and a concourse had to be evacuated, a fire department spokeswoman said.
June 11, 2013 - CNN
- Danica Patrick in Boston Globe
The ARCA race was a blast, and I'm not ready for my first Daytona Speedweeks to end just yet,Patrick said in a statement. "I want more racing."
- Amare Stoudemire in MiamiHerald.com
I opted out of my contract with PHX,he said on his Twitter account. "Can't wait to see what lies ahead. I had a blast with my teammates last season. What's Next !!"
- Abu Bakr in USA Today
Also the MPs' turnout is very low today because most of them are visiting those who were wounded by the blast,said Mohammed Abu Bakr, head of the parliament's media office.