- v behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- v be violent; as of fires and storms
- v feel intense anger
- v treat cruelly
- v cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- v play in ragtime
- v harass with persistent criticism or carping
- v censure severely or angrily
- v break into lumps before sorting
- s characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense
a raging battle
the river became a raging torrent
- s very severe
a raging thirst
a raging toothache
- s (of the elements) as if showing violent anger
the raging sea
- Six died in a multi-car pileup as drivers tried to avoid falling trees and raging fires.
- And yet during the great immigration debate now raging in Congress, the people's representatives cannot make up their minds whether the current dominance of English should be .
- Even with the controversy raging over his stem-cell paper, Hwang could have forestalled some of the questions about Snuppy if he had offered one additional bit of confirming proof .
News & Articles
- 'Raging' fire burns 26 acres; shuts down highway, restaurant (VIDEO)
Firefighters responded to an unscheduled sugar cane fire Sunday afternoon that witnesses said was "raging" along Hana Highway across from Mama's Fish House Restaurant in Paia.
June 17, 2013 - The Maui News
- Canaccord Genuity Initiates Coverage on Raging River Exploration (TSX:RRX) with a Buy Recommendation - Video Posted on ...
Vancouver, British Columbia, June 17, 2013 - Investment firm Canaccord Genuity has initiated coverage on Raging River Exploration (TSX:RRX). Analyst Steve Toth gives the company a buy rating and one-year ...
June 17, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- Obama, Putin to talk Syria
Syria’s raging civil war was set to top the agenda at the Group of Eight summit in Northern Ireland starting on Monday, with President Barack Obama trying to get Russia's Vladimir Putin, Syria's most powerful ally, to help bring Bashar Assad to the negotiating table.& …
June 17, 2013 - MSN
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
I don't want us to do something just for the sake of politics that doesn't solve the problem,Obama said. "I think we need to start a process at least to open up a smarter, better discussion than the one that is raging right now."
- Roger Ebert in FOX News
To paraphrase a line from 'Raging Bull,' I ain't a pretty boy no more,Ebert wrote.
- Taro Aso in Reuters
A harsh storm seen only once in 100 years is raging,Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso told a news conference. "Under such circumstances, I am certain that what is most important is to remove uncertainties from the lives of people....