- v argue in protest or opposition
- v present and urge reasons in opposition
- v censure severely or angrily
- The staff remonstrated with the management that the working hours were far too grueling for them to give their best shot.
- The prisoner remonstrated with the guard that his handcuffs be taken off as he wanted to offer prayers to his deity.
- Although Patrick remonstrated with the management that he be given another shot at coaching the team he was given short shrift.
- David Moyes in AFP
He works hard for everyone but maybe he needs to remonstrate a bit more when decisions go against him. Saying nothing is obviously not working,Moyes said. "I think it is important that he comes alive again and gets back to being a menace...
- Wang Zhizhi in China Daily
My father and child were in the car, and my child was given a fright, so my father went over to them to remonstrate, and they started shoving each other,Wang said in a statement on Xinhua news agency's Web site.