- n the part of the skull of a vertebrate that frames the mouth and holds the teeth
- n the bones of the skull that frame the mouth and serve to open it; the bones that hold the teeth
- n holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
- v talk socially without exchanging too much information
- v talk incessantly and tiresomely
- v chew (food); to bite and grind with the teeth
He jawed his bubble gum
- v censure severely or angrily
- Takeru Kobayashi, handicapped by wisdom tooth surgery and an arthritic jaw, seemed to match Joey Chestnut dog for dog until the end, when he appeared to regurgitate a couple of them.
- If a man with a Mussolini jaw is really a Milquetoast, two Mayo Clinic surgeons know how to fix him upand will, at the drop of a knife.
- If an American dentist were to say to his patient, "I'm going to break your jaw," he might confidently expect to lose the patient.
- Joey Chestnut in Doc's Sports Service
It shouldn't make a difference for my game plan,said Chestnut, a Californian, listed at -1000 at Sportsbook.com to take the title. "Three years ago, there was rumbling that he wouldn't show up because he said he had a jaw injury. But he...
- Paul Holmgren in National Post
It was a scary incident,said Philadelphia Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren to TSN Friday night. "But we just got word from our doctor that he's clear - there's no facial fracture. They're stitching him up - his jaw is fine and there's...
- Will Smith in Urbana Daily Citizen
It's the very authentic version of an alcoholic superhero,Smith said. "You will scream laughing, then there's some dramatic turns that just leave your jaw dropping. Huge special effects. It is all things."