- v unconsciously replace fact with fantasy in one's memory
- v talk socially without exchanging too much information
- v have a conference in order to talk something over
- In this materialist view, people perceive Gods existence because their brains have evolved to confabulate belief systems.
- He becomes malleable and suggestible, and in some instances he may confabulate.
- One can understand why violent criminals would confabulate such tales, months and even years after the episodes, but not why any criminologist or journalist should believe them.