chatter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n noisy talk
- n the rapid series of noises made by the parts of a machine
- n the high-pitched continuing noise made by animals (birds or monkeys)
- v click repeatedly or uncontrollably
- v cut unevenly with a chattering tool
- v talk socially without exchanging too much information
- v speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- v make noise as if chattering away
The magpies were chattering in the trees
- That the distinction between chattering and lying was one too delicate to be perceived by many cinema executives became apparent again last week in a recrudescence of a major .
- PTI columnist and former CIA field officer Robert Baer describes the risks in relying on chatter for accurate intelligence.
- Sevran's prurient opinions are but the latest addition to the growing racist chatter in the French mainstream.
News & Articles
- NBA draft: Trey Burke brushing off analysts who criticize his athleticism
Trey Burke has heard the chatter that he's not athletic enough. As that sentiment seeps out, whether from team personnel to the NBA writers or simply from analysts, the former Michigan guard dismisses that.
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Schram: Chatter drowns out vital news
Like yapping terriers doggedly chasing the water stream of a lawn sprinkler as it spins ’round and ’round but never really goes anywhere, the chattering heads on nonstop cable news are still chasing tirelessly after anything new to say about three old miniscandals.
June 10, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- California sire Dixie Chatter represented by first winner
Grade 1 winner and freshman sire Dixie Chatter was represented by his first winner June 7 when his daughter Chattering Nikita captured a maiden special weight event at Northlands Park.
June 9, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Barack Obama in The Union Leader
Obama told his audience reassuringly, "For all the chatter and the yelling and the shouting and the noise, what you need to know is this ...... if you do have health insurance, we will make sure that no insurance company or government bureaucrat...
- Daryl Morey in Manila Bulletin
Until July 8, no one can make up their minds 100 percent, no one can sign their name to the dotted line,Morey said. "So there's an opening there. My sense from the chatter is that no one has really made up their minds. But the only people...
- Gwen Ifill in Newsweek
I've got a pretty long track record covering politics and news, so I'm not particularly worried that one-day blog chatter is going to destroy my reputation,Ifill said. "The proof is in the pudding. They can watch the debate tomorrow night...