- v wander aimlessly
- v talk indistinctly; usually in a low voice
- v speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- There they paid $1 apiece for the benefit of the French Hospital, were permitted last week to maunder through two small rooms hung with 51 modernist French paintings of the .
- The boob and the bawd (Diane Cilento, the gamekeeper's daughter of Tom Jones) meet, maunder, tell one another pathetic little lies, and slowly uncover their loneliness.
- Elaborating on her feelings, she continued: "I also simper and maunder.
News & Articles
- Lockwood, Hudson, Beeb, Maunder. Sigh [Stoat]
Sigh. Paul Hudson (remember him?) says Real risk of a Maunder minimum ‘Little Ice Age’ says leading scientist, and the person he purports to rely in is Mike Lockwood, who is sane. However, if you look closely there is no direct quotation of ML in the article, so I think I’d be very cautious in…
Oct. 28, 2013 - ScienceBlogs
- Geoffrey Marcy in Science Daily (press release)
What astronomers have assumed is that sun-like stars going through a stellar funk are actually very, very old stars whose magnetic fields have turned off forever. They are not in a temporary Maunder minimum, but a permanent one. They're dead,...