- n rapid and indistinct speech
- v speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- Reality always enters a room with John Garner, and last week his impatience with empty gabble, his dislike of oratorical set-pieces, brought the high-flown debate down to earth.
- That old ladydid she know the chitchat, the gibble-gabble, the pussy-words of Manhattan sophisticates, the wisecracks sprung in the hashhouses of 44th Street, the nicknames .
- Mencken's eyes bulged and glistened, his cheeks flushed, and he would gabble and gabble, spitting tobacco juice all the while into the large brass spittoon at the side of his desk.