- n a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile)
- n a mechanical device that you ride for amusement or excitement
- v sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions
Did you ever ride a camel?
- v be carried or travel on or in a vehicle
I ride to work in a bus
He rides the subway downtown every day
- v continue undisturbed and without interference
Let it ride
- v move like a floating object
- v harass with persistent criticism or carping
Don't ride me so hard over my failure
- v be sustained or supported or borne
- v have certain properties when driven
This car rides smoothly
- v be contingent on
The outcomes rides on the results of the election
- v lie moored or anchored
Ship rides at anchor
- v sit on and control a vehicle
He rides his bicycle to work every day
She loves to ride her new motorcycle through town
- v climb up on the body
Shorts that ride up
- v ride over, along, or through
- v keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot
Don't ride the clutch!
- v copulate with
- Here's how it works: ride seekers enter the locations where their trip will begin and end, the time they want to leave and if they're willing to drive or just ride in someone else .
- In this hilly city, where cyclists use a zigzagging route known as the Wiggle to avoid steep climbs in the city center, the ride from Fisherman's Wharf on the Embarcadero to .
- Most people board the ride to get the daylights scared out of them, and they usually don't think too much about mundane details like engineering or loose bolts.
News & Articles
- Ride the Rockies to continue to Canon City, Colorado Springs despite wildfires
The Ride the Rockies bicycle tour will come through Ca?n City and Colorado Springs despite two major wildfires, though on a different route than originally planned. The event, in its 26th year, takes 2,000 cyclists on a six- or seven-day tour of the state. Read more on Colorado Springs Gazette
June 14, 2013 - Colorado Springs Gazette
- Ride the Rockies 2013 Day 6 Route: Salida to Cañon City
The Denver Post Ride The Rockies Bicycle Tour is revising the route for the sixth stage of the 2013 tour due to issues brought on by the Royal Gorge Wildfire.
June 14, 2013 - Denver Post
- Ride The Rockies is coming
Ride The Rockies is on. That is the word this morning from Cañon City Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Doug Shane, who said the route is being shifted, but the riders will be in Cañon City Friday as planned.
June 13, 2013 - Canon City Daily Record
- Brad Keselowski in MiamiHerald.com
Just a wild ride that was uncalled for,Keselowski said. "To come back and intentionally wreck someone, that's not cool. It could have killed someone in the grandstands. I know it's a little ironic that I'm saying it, but at least I didn't...
- Julia Gillard in Aljazeera.net
I would not be at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. From my perspective, it relates to is mitigation. If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes that's one thing. If you're in a... Joe Biden http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfV3iqiFvyt3gg5wYE9YfDMOzy4Q FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/30/biden-avoid-planes-trains-automobiles/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHxJOLPYi7Bn0dVNmoe_67w_YDUPQ Apr 30, 2009
83972 111622 ride The purpose would be to ensure that people smugglers have no product to sell," she said during a speech in Sydney. "A boat ride to Australia would just be a ticket back to the regional processing centre."