- n anything that serves as an enticement
- n something used to lure fish or other animals into danger so they can be trapped or killed
- v harass with persistent criticism or carping
- v lure, entice, or entrap with bait
- v attack with dogs or set dogs upon
- It may not be the next Pac-man, but the hottest thing going right now in certain rural areas of 21 states is a coin-operated vending machine that dispenses live bait to fishermen .
- Ever since Red China began baiting its bids for diplomatic recognition with the glittering prospect of trade, some Canadians have shown themselves surprisingly eager to swallow .
- He is a fan of Insane Clown Posse, a group that performs in clownface and is most notable for picking fights with whomever they can bait into paying attention to them, including .
News & Articles
- Bait shops still feeling effects from winter
Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - Turns out the harsh winter and late spring is taking its toll on some area bait and tackle shops.
June 13, 2013 - WDAY 6 Fargo
- Owning fishing shop was irresistible lure for local family
It's three generations of fishing experience at Hogan's Bait & Tackle in Dana Point. Bill Hogan Jr. and his wife, Barbara, co-own the shop with their daughter, Stephanie. Her grandfather Bill Hogan Sr. looks out over the shop from where he sits in a...
June 13, 2013 - Dana Point News
- Bait and snatch: Brookline Police using GPS-equipped bike to catch would-be thieves
It was a year in the making, but someone finally took the bait. Or at least that’s what the Brookline Police Department reported last week, when a Boston man allegedly cut the lock around a bicycle on a rack on Harvard Street and wheeled it a few feet down the sidewalk on Thursday, June 6.
June 12, 2013 - The Brookline Tab
- Antonin Scalia in ABC News
Scalia wrote "the game of bait-and-switch that today's opinion plays upon the nation's commander in chief will make the war harder on us. It will almost certainly cause more Americans to be killed."
- Gary Ackerman in International Herald Tribune
You seem to be flying a $700 billion plane by the seat of your pants,Rep. Gary Ackerman, DN.Y., told him. "It seems to be the second-largest bait-and-switch scheme that history has ever seen, second only to the reasons given to us to vote...
- Keith Richards in guardian.co.uk
In a statement yesterday Richards said: "Never have I risen to the bait of a bad review. But this time ...... I have to stand up for our incredible Gothenburg audience and for our fans all over Sweden ...... to say that you owe them, and us, an...