- n an inclined surface connecting two levels
- n North American perennial having a slender bulb and whitish flowers
- n a movable staircase that passengers use to board or leave an aircraft
- v behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
- v furnish with a ramp
The ramped auditorium
- v be rampant
the lion is rampant in this heraldic depiction
- v creep up -- used especially of plants
The roses ramped over the wall
- v stand with arms or forelegs raised, as if menacing
- Spiraling ramps are not new in architecture.
- RECYCLED RAMP Amateurs get to use former X Games equipment like this vert ramp, which was reassembled at a YMCA in California.
- Part Jackass stunt, part physics lesson, Line Rider encourages users to "draw" their own ramps, hills, and slopes with a pencil tool, then sends a virtual sledder (wearing a red .
News & Articles
- Ramp from SB I-75 to EB I-275 closed due to overturned semi
An overturned semi truck has shut down the ramp from SB I-275 to EB I-275 in Sharonville.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 19 Cincinnati
- Atascadero On Ramp Closed Due to Rehabilitation Project
Starting Sunday, June 9 at 7 PM, the northbound Highway 101 on ramp at State Route 58 in Santa Margarita will be closed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for at least 2 weeks. The ramp will be re-paved and reconstructed.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 11 Santa Maria
- Trooper: I-485 ramp shut down after wreck Tuesday
A ramp on Interstate 485 outer was closed after a crash, according to N.C. Department of Transportation. North Carolina Highway Patrol troopers said the ramp from Interstate 85 northbound to I-485 was blocked around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Medic officials said there were no injuries. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates to this story.
June 11, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- Barack Obama in MiamiHerald.com
Obama called the decision to embrace more drilling not one he took "lightly," but cast it as necessary to sustain economic growth in the US, "even as we ramp up production of new sources of renewable, homegrown energy."
- Michael Bloomberg in CNN
We'll take a little bit of extra precaution,said New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. "We're going to ramp up a little bit ...... nothing dramatic ...... some you'll notice, some you won't."
- Michael Chertoff in Guardian Unlimited
Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff called Spitzer's reversal on the license issue "a good development" and said immigration is a federal issue for which his department has to "ramp up enforcement."