- n an elevated geological formation
- n an inclined surface connecting two levels
- v have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined
He inclined to corpulence
- v bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well
He inclined his ear to the wise old man
- v lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow
She inclined her head to the student
- v be at an angle
- v feel favorably disposed or willing
She inclines to the view that people should be allowed to expres their religious beliefs
- v make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief
Their language inclines us to believe them
- To obtain a view of Schmitt and a giant boulder, Cernan insisted on scrambling up an incline.
- Stepping out of his ZIL limousine, he gave the staircase a dismissive wave and scrambled down the steep incline in his neatly pressed gray business suit, leaving his surprised .
- So, while a majority of voters may incline more toward Livni's two-state approach to peace with the Palestinians, it could yet be swayed by Netanyahu's more hawkish stance on Iran.
News & Articles
- Future of Incline Lake up for discussion
By Barbara Barte Osborn, Sacramento Bee The U.S. Forest Service’s Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit is seeking public input on a proposal to remove the Incline Lake dam near Incline Village and restore the area affected by it. Public comment on the proposal is being [...]
June 16, 2013 - Lake Tahoe News
- Public input sought on removal of Incline Lake dam
The U.S. Forest Service's Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit is seeking public input on a proposal to remove the Incline Lake dam near Incline Village, Nev., and restore the area affected by it.
June 16, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Summer shuttle service from Incline to Sand Harbor begins Saturday
The East Shore Express, a park and ride bus that runs from Incline Village to Sand Harbor, opens for a second season for Lake Tahoe visitors and locals today.
June 14, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Mark Cavendish in AFP
There was a slight incline in the last kilometre, we knew that was coming and we had to go early,said Cavendish, who now has seven stage wins from only three participations. "We knew we just had to be in the front and we did that. I think...
- Ken Casey in USA Today
It's a slow, steady incline over the 12 years of the band,said Ken Casey, the bassist, vocalist and founding member. "It's a grass-roots kind of thing. It's not a result of radio or MTV or glossy magazines. It's the connection to people."
- Sandy Casar in CNN International
When Boogerd caught up with me inside the final kilometer, and then with 500 meters to go I thought it was all over,said Casar. "I waited as long as I could, then just went for bust. A finish after a sligt incline is what suits me best."