income : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the financial gain (earned or unearned) accruing over a given period of time
- The percentage of all income taxes paid by those in the top 10% has gone up over the years, but this has little to do with tax rates.
- The recession has hit middle-income and poor families hardest, widening the economic gap between the richest and poorest Americans.
- The researchers found, for example, that income gains in gentrifying neighborhoods usually defined as low-income urban areas that undergo rises in income and housing prices .
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
McCain joked that Democrats had already begun attacking Joe the Plumber, the Ohio man whom he referred to in Wednesday night's debate, and claimed "that this honest, hardworking small businessman could not possibly have enough income to face a tax...
- Eugenio HernÃ¡ndez Flores in eTaiwan News
There are thousands of producers who work all year to harvest the fruits of their labor, and it is the only income they have for the year, so we have to prevent extortion,said Eugenio Hernandez Flores, the governor of Tamaulipas, the Mexican...
- Jim McDermott in International Herald Tribune
We need to be dealing with people at the bottom of the income scale,said Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash.