- n the state of being crude and incomplete and imperfect
the study was criticized for incompleteness of data but it stimulated further research
- He turned the lens of mathematics on itself and hit upon his famous "incompleteness theorem" driving a stake through the heart of formalism.
- To this unending effort to know God, man is driven by the noblest of his intuitionsthe sense of his mortal incompletenessand by hard experience.
- Given the current quality and incompleteness of the woolly-mammoth genome sequence, it is unlikely that we will see mammoths walking the earth again.
News & Articles
- What's Another $17 Million for a New Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial?
Pity the architect who agrees to design and build a memorial for the National Mall. Just about every such monument has met impassioned opposition and complaints during design and construction. Even the Washington Monument, the Capitol City's most iconic landmark, was thought to be an unsightly boondoggle by some. "Better, indeed, that it should crumble into dust in its present incompleteness ...
July 12, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- John Kline in FOXNews
This thing is amazing in its incompleteness and in the disruption that it's caused, the insecurity that it has caused. And, I'm just, frankly appalled,added Rep. John Kline, R-Minn.
- Christos Papadimitriou in San Francisco Chronicle
After Kurt GÃ¶del's incompleteness theorem shattered all hope for total certainty in mathematics, it basically signaled the total failure of the quest,said Papadimitriou. "Several mathematicians tried to sharpen this negative result and...
- Jonathan Lethem in The Guardian
The Brooklyn that he loves, Lethem says, is marked by "a definitive incompleteness".