- v treat cruelly
- v be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
- The arbitrary rules that govern English bedevil nonnative students of the language as much as they torment would-be spelling-bee champs.
- Congress does not fall under the occupational safety and health (OSHA) regulations that bedevil other employers.
- However, years of mistrust bedevil the peace process.
News & Articles
- Royals keep rolling with 7-2 victory over Rays
Billy Butler paced an efficient 10-hit attack with two singles and three RBIs as the Royals won Friday for the ninth time in 10 games, beating the Tampa Bay Rays 7-2 at Tropicana Field. Salvy Perez added two hits and two RBIs. And Elliot Johnson continued to bedevil his former teammates.
June 15, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Robert Edgar in NPR
At one level in South Africa, you don't have the ethnic rivalries that bedevil a lot of African countries. The ANC makes a concerted effort not to favor any one group,Edgar says.
- Gordon Thomson in Toronto Star
Thomson said he was satisfied that Rosato did "frighten, scare, annoy, bedevil ...... badger ...... continuously or chronically" until he wore his young wife down with fear and exhaustion.
- Manmohan Singh in Hindu
The unease, suspicion and cynicism that bedevil Israeli- Palestinian relations can be attributed in large part to the fact that the disengagement is not taking place within an unequivocally agreed framework for the next steps toward the overall... Alvaro de Soto http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lvaro_de_Soto&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGRGvjnfQaBqDvu_h-KdEbZUC1QjA People's Daily Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://english.people.com.cn/200507/22/eng20050722_197656.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFCpZhYofKqakmiV95WrOieeWp_-Q Jul 21, 2005
8912 147534 bedevilled Mr. Singh said, we will do all that is necessary to resolve outstanding issues that have bedevilled our relations with Pakistan. But that requires credible action on the part of Pakistan to deal with terrorist elements directing their energy to...