- v be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly
This question befuddled even the teacher
- v make stupid with alcohol
- Among the many mysteries that befuddle autism researchers: why the disorder affects boys four times more often than girls.
- You really have to trythat is, confuse the machine by making it force you to slow down, hop off its platform, and then immediately jump on againto befuddle Segway's obscure .
- These drugs often befuddle the mind, impair judgment.
News & Articles
- Trayvon Martin's friend, 'Witness 8,' testifies in George Zimmerman's murder trial
The state called Rachel Jeantel, Witness 8, to testify on Wednesday about the phone call she had with Trayvon Martin moments before the teen was fatally shot by George Zimmerman. Jeantel, who gave a consistent testimony with an attitude appearing to amuse and befuddle jurors, testified that she told Martin to run the night of the shooting after he told her he thought he was being followed ...
June 26, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Kalle Lasn in KREN CW 27 TV
This is in the spirit of playful resistance that culture jamming is all about,Lasn says. "Why not befuddle a few people and force them, through cognitive dissonance, to figure out the contradiction? It's good for them."
- Dave Dombrowski in MLive.com
We need to improve our pitching,Dombrowski said. "For sure, we have to improve our bullpen. And we have to improve our defense. Bullpen pitchers befuddle almost all of us because one year they're very good and the next year they're not...
- Charles Schumer in San Francisco Chronicle
The minority is tying itself in a pretzel so there won't be a vote,Schumer said, adding that the GOP's alternative resolution "is intended to befuddle, to perplex, to obfuscate, to hide. ...... It is designed to give people cover who don't...