- v become imbued
- v take up mentally
- v take up, as of debts or payments
- v take in, also metaphorically
- v cause to become one with
- v suck or take up or in
- v devote (oneself) fully to
- v assimilate or take in
- v consume all of one's attention or time
- s capable of arousing and holding the attention
- When the nose itches can the mind choose what is next to occur; or is the finger predestined to scratch or not to scratch? This absorbing question, baffling to speculators of .
- A shock-absorbing rubber tread band distributes pressure to dozens of flexible polyurethane spokes.
- Many people in Taiwan are also fearful that gargantuan China will end up absorbing their tiny island if ties become too close.
News & Articles
- Skokie superfan has been to 2,152 consecutive Hawks games
Bob Gertenrich has a strange feeling the Hawks will beat the Bruins in Game 7. You might brush off the prediction if you didn’t know Gertenrich has been absorbing team vibes from his upper deck perch for 2,152 consecutive home games — a record streak the 66-year-old began in 1966 at age 19. Another possible omen: Gertenrich’s birthday falls on June 26, the day of Game 7. “I’d love to see them ...
June 12, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Lost in the weeds: Local officials frustrated by state highway mowing limits
One of the main gateways into both La Crosse and Onalaska is overgrown and overrun with weeds, absorbing tossed trash like a sponge.
June 12, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- How Greed and Materialism Tears Down a Person in New Book
Pierre S. Hughes’ “The Directors” reveals an absorbing tale of corruption, murder, and adultery for the sake of money and power. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/PierreSHughes/TheDirectors/prweb10816285.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Phil Jackson in msnbc.com
Well, what I see from him is just the little actions that represent not backing down type of things,noted Lakers coach Phil Jackson. "Getting hit, taking the blow, absorbing it, not reacting to it one way or the other with the mentality to...
- Wally Lewis in Brisbane Times
Nobody wanted to go down there. The game was at an absorbing stage. Scotty needed to be settled down so I went in there,Lewis said.
- Dina Matos McGreevey in Forbes
It just hit me like a ton of bricks. I wasn't absorbing it,said Dina Matos McGreevey, who is divorcing former New Jersey Gov. James E. McGreevey. "I just started to cry."